Brazilian Wax

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My husband's birthday is coming up so I decided to surprise him with a little treat. So I had the ever popular Brazilian wax. I must say it wasn't too bad. I walked into a really quiet area of the spa, fit with aroma therapy candles, soft music, and dim lighting. The lady told me to undress from the waist down and make myself comfortable. When she came back she had another woman with her. UGH. I was sort of okay with that as I figured I should just leave all modesty at the door. Anyway I guess the girl was in training. Let me tell you I had a full education on how to perform a wax. Hair growth, wax placement, working in a 'U' formation. Just so you know, the most sensitive area (and when i say sensitive i mean the area that makes your eyes pop out of your head when the strip is pulled) is the top, you know the flat part where your pubic bone is. Luckly it only takes one strip to do this area so it's quickly done and over with. The other parts were really not that bad. Mind you I took 3 Tylonol about an hour and a half before I went. All in all it was a good experience. That was AT the spa. Later on that day after I got home and went to the bathroom I felt a lot of sensitivity in the area where the elastic of your panty is closest to your inner thigh. So I decided to just wear loose skirt and let soothe. It still seemed painful so I went and got a product by Sally Hansen called, Zero Irritation Medicated Creme. The product said it was specificly geared towards any procedure that involved hair removal and was safe to use in the bikini area. I whined like my three year old after i put it on. It hurt worse than the wax procedure in itself. The burning lasted about 10 min and after that It honestly felt much less tender than before. Anyway to conclude. I would definately get this done again but would maybe wear a loose skirt and ditch the undies for a day.

1 comments:

Amber said...

hey jessie! loving your blog!
i too have had a similar experience w/ brazilian waxing and i recommend aloe vera next time! it soothes any irritation and the coolness helps w/ any pain!

Post a Comment